Re: [tigerstripe-dev] Refactoring class to datatype

Hi Mark,

>I just discovered the refactoring of class in datatype nearly by accident.

>I would have been nice to circulate announcements of the various releases in the distribution lists.

All features and bug fixes are documented in the release notes at the end of each iteration.  Please see here for more details: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tigerstripe_Release_Notes

- Navid

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:16 AM, Flauw, Marc <Marc.Flauw@xxxxxx> wrote:

Dear all,

I just discovered the refactoring of class in datatype nearly by accident.

I would have been nice to circulate announcements of the various releases in the distribution lists, but this is not the point of this mail.

I understood that if the class to be converted has associations, then those associations will be removed. This is not always the behavior I would have expected.

Assume 2 classes A and Z with an association between them navigable from A to Z.

If Z is converted to datatype, then I would expect to have an attribute created in class A using the information of the z-end of the association.

This is similar to the fake attribute shown in the explorer for associations.

Best regards

Marc