Re: [tigerstripe-dev] Tigerstripe Call reminder

Title: Re: [tigerstripe-dev] Tigerstripe Call reminder
My notes on today’s call:

  • 0.4.4 Maintenance release to be pushed out soon. Mainly adding performance enhancements (244983, 254782) and fix to (253752).
  • Eric presented slide for potential evolutions on Tigerstripe
    • This doesn’t constitute a commitment but rather a set of potentials
    • Recommendation is to focus to focus on building user-community by leveraging current activities among various standard bodies and consortia. Also, 0.4.x added a lot of new code, need to stabilize the code base and minimize number of enhancements.
  • Feedback/Comments
    • Website may need some help too. E.g. Difficult to find call details as it is. Should be made more user friendly, easy/direct navigation and access to info.
    • Generators as Plugins may trigger difference in how generators are being developed. Current mode doesn’t require need workspace or re-start. Plugins would change that. Also number of things need to be investigated, like how velocity templates would be re-parsed, how it would work with the debugger.
    • Stabilizing the code base seems aligned with supporting the user-community and a necessary step to ensure having a community at all. This seems like a good way to justify it cycle vs. adding more features.
  • Eric to investigate impact/cost of joining the Galileo joint-release.
  • No time to discuss split of other tasks. Eric to contact committers off line.

Eric