[tigerstripe-dev] Re: Minimal test for headless

Hi Steve,

So, it looks like I can't reproduce this bug. Every time after list.txt generated I found there:
  TestEntity true com.cisco.tigerstripe.annotation.chameleon.persistence.impl.InheritanceHintImpl@1b4434 (inheritance: interface)

I also tried to change this steps, for example, do not remove .metadata, but it also works fine.

There was a problem when I forgot to add com.cisco.tigerstripe.annotation.chameleon plug-in to the headless environment. In this case,
there are no annotations in the generated list.txt. But it's problem in the ArtifactComponent.isAnnotationMatch() method, because
in this case annotation content is instance of the DynamicEObjectImpl class and do not implement InheritanceHint interface.
However, I think it's not a problem if chameleon plug-in always there.

May be I miss something?

--
Best regards,
Yuri Strot

----- Steve Jerman (stjerman) <stjerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Yuri,
>
> here is a minimal test that demonstrates the problem...
>
> If you do the following, it works...
>
> 1) Get a runtime setup of tigerstripe with HEAD with the attached
> annotation jar install.
>
> 2) Open workspace in attached ZIP from Eclipse.
>
> 3) Deploy tigerstripe plugin. (open tsplugin.xml and hit package/deploy)
>
> 4) Generate the TestModel project. You will see that a file list.txt is
> generated in target/tigerstripe.gen... will show annotation.
>
> Then... this doesn't work
>
> 5) Shut down Eclipse.
>
> 6) Delete target directory and  .metadata.directory.
>
> 7) Run test.bat. Note you may need to edit paths first
>
> 8) Have a look at the generated list.txt again .. no annotations.
>
> I think you should be able to configure an Eclipse debug run with the
> same parameters once the batch file works. But you will need to install
> the annotation plugin into your dev environment...
>
> Let me know if you have problems.
> Steve

Back to the top