Re: [tigerstripe-dev] Annotations - Validation of creation

Title: Re: [tigerstripe-dev] Annotations - Validation of creation
HI John,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

Yes, I don’t think we took this into account. Annotations as they are are only “self-aware”, i.e. You can enforce that only one instance of an annotation can be attached to a target model element... But that’s it. You don’t really have a way to specify a lot of cross-annotation logic.

It seems like an extension point into the creation logic of an annotation would be good for that, so that the framework could delegate the decision of allowing to create a specific annotation based on a result of that logic. This should be implemented so that the wizards, right-click options, etc... Everything uses it so if an annotation is not “allowed” to be created it would not even be presented as a possible option.

I’ve created Bug #244851 as an enhancement to track it.

Eric