Re: [tigerstripe-dev] Generator versions

Title: Re: [tigerstripe-dev] Generator versions
Yes, the current situation is that the Generator download page ( http://www.eclipse.org/tigerstripe/generators/ ) directs the users to the CVS repository directly which makes it difficult to keep track of versions indeed.

So, we need to consider:
  • generator changes for generator fixes.
  • generator changes for Tigerstripe version updates.

We also need to consider:
  • distributing generator source code, vs generator ready-to-deploy

Finally, as we grow the list... It will become painful to build these by hand, and this should probably be automated.

I’m certainly not offering a solution yet :-), but hoping to help find it...

Maybe something to discuss next week f2f? I’ve added it as a “candidate topic” for discussion on http://wiki.eclipse.org/TigerstripeF2F_20080716

Eric