[tigerstripe-dev] Re: TAF on Diagrams - Feedback

Hi Eric,

thanks for your response. My comments below:

> * The right-click option on an annotation from the Annotation Property view
> reads ³Hide at Diagram², or ³Show at Diagram²... I believe ³Hide on Diagram²
> and ³Show on Diagram² would be better.

Fixed.

> * Is it possible to hook up the ³global save option² to the Annotation
> Property view (so I can do a CTRL-S to save the current annotation instead
> of having to click somewhere else and get the message that I need to save?).
> Also I think you should ³unhook² the ³save as...² option which is confusing
> at the moment.

In fact, APV have only "save" and "save all" operations, there is no "save as...".
Using second action you can modify several annotations on the same selection and save them all.
I'm agree with hot keys and I'll add CTRL+S and CTRL+SHIFT+S to save current and save all actions
(Bug 239551).

> * Change the behavior when trying to create/add an annotation that is marked
> as ³unique². Current the wizard shows the annotation even if the TAF should
> already know that it is impossible to add another one. Then when you click
> finish an exception is thrown (that you don¹t see if the Error Log is not
> open). I would expect that if annotation is unique and already exists, the
> right-click options and wizard shouldn¹t display them as a possible add.

Agree, will be fixed (Bug 239557).

> * Add some way to ³reveal² an annotation that I click on from a diagram in
> the Annotation property view (to make it easy to go straight to it to edit
> it). Currently if you click on it, the Annotation Property View goes
> ³blank². I understand why, but it looks inconvenient for the user.

Completely agree (Bug 239558).

> * It looks like annotations CANNOT be displayed against ³associations²,
> AssociationEnds and Dependencies on the diagram, i.e. A Connection instead
> of a Shape. This is required. Not that you can add annotations from the
> Explorer on the corresponding Association. To create an association between
> 2 shapes on a Tigerstripe Class Diagram simply drag the ³little handles²
> that appear when you hover over the shape to another Shape and select either
> Association or Dependency. Also, annotations are displayed inside the
> compartment for Attributes, methods and literals where I think it would be
> better to have them as ³notes² like on main Artifacts. I¹ve created Bug
> 239533 on this, I believe I fixed the Tigerstripe side, but more needs to
> happen on the TAF side.

Okay, I'll look how it can be done.

> Hope this helps,
> Eric