From: tigerstripe-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:tigerstripe-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrey Platov
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 1:07 PM
To: Tigerstripe developers list
Cc: tigerstripe-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tigerstripe-dev] Using annotations....

Hi Steve,

Thank you for providing some feedback from practical standpoint. Yes, we
understand limitations of URI (string)-based model, and some work is
started to address your recomendation to provide annotable object type
and probably other information (model object name, etc). Brief
discussion started on this thread:

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/tigerstripe-dev/msg00103.html
("...The problem I see here is Annotation concept lacks of Annotable
object type information, and I'm afraid we may need it in near
future..." and below). I'm going to provide a PoC for approach (3) for
review this week.

As for querying for annotations of specific type, the idea is to support
flexible Query API to allow querying for annotations based on their
content, including annotation type. I'm very hope to have this API
available later this week as well.

Kind Regards,
Andrey