Ok. Are these specifics being accessed only from the Templates (in which case we don't have to worry about anything since Velocity uses introspection and will find all the methods/objects anyway)? Or are they accessed from Java code (then you're stuck).

This rest of the current M-API (Model API) is already in the "deprecated" section so I guess we could add it there and make sure we find a proper home for it in the future.

Eric
On Mar 28, 2008, at 5:05 AM, Richard Craddock (rcraddoc) wrote:
Java plugin has the same issue - again its the only thing.

I will obviously need to test these once  this is fixed, as I can't do a "guaranteed check" on the templates, but my feelings are we should be good to go.

(These plugins are much easier to migrate than the cisco ones, as they were written better in the first place :-))

RC

From: Richard Craddock (rcraddoc)
Sent: 28 March 2008 11:34
To: Eric Dillon (erdillon)
Subject: OSS/J plugin Migration

Eric,

I had a go at the XML plugin this morning.

It was mostly straightforward BUT I have one major stumbling block....

Basic problem is that the OSSJ specifics are not exposed in the external API .... I think we need to put them there for now (we can keep them in the "internal" package structure).  I can see no alternative...

Also, in the API itself IAbstractArtifact has a getIstandardSpecifics() method, which returns an IStardardSpecifcs object that is *not* exposed in the API. I don't think that is very clean.

I'll have a peek at the Java plugin now.

Cheers,

RIch

Back to the top