[tigerstripe-dev] Re: Annotations and Generation

Oopss... my bad I meant "IModelComponent"

Sorry,
Eric
On Mar 26, 2008, at 11:24 AM, John Worrell (jworrell) wrote:
Ok - so I still have a problem... when did this interface become available? I have N20080318 but this doesn't have an IArtifactComponent interface in it.
So, I'm still a bit lost here.

Thanks,

JohnW

From: Eric Dillon (erdillon)
Sent: 26 March 2008 16:18
To: John Worrell (jworrell)
Cc: tigerstripe-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Annotations and Generation

Hi John,

I am ashamed... I forgot about your email. Apologies. (the truth is... Steve probably knew)... so using the tigerstripe-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx... could have helped here ;-)

The current mechanism is very rudimentary, but allows to get the value of the annotation based on two keys that would identify it completely.
So on any IArtifactComponent (artifacts, methods, attributes, etc..), you can do:

$artifact.getAnnotation( "<schemeID>", "<annotationSpecId>")

both IDs are the strings defined in your Annotation extension point. This will return a String containing the value or null if no value.

Eric