Re: [technology-pmc] Graduation review for Eclipse CommaSuite

+1

On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 9:32 PM Gunnar Wagenknecht via technology-pmc <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
+1

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/

On Mar 19, 2024, at 15:23, Hooman, J.J.M. (Jozef) via technology-pmc <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Request of Eclipse CommaSuite

Eclipse CommaSuite request a graduation review. Since we started in 2021 from TNO (a large Dutch research organization) we postponed the graduation review to meet the multi-organization requirement. Currently we have committers with affiliations from multiple organizations. For instance, the very active committer Ivan Kurtev is associated with the Capgemini and the Eindhoven University of Technology (see https://research.tue.nl/en/persons/ivan-kurtev ). Jozef Hooman is connected to the Radboud University (see https://www.cs.ru.nl/J.Hooman/ ) and Luna Li is employed at Capgemini. Currently, Mathijs Schuts (until recently employed at Philips, now at the Radboud University - seehttps://www.cs.ru.nl/staff/Mathijs.Schuts/ ) is joining the project. He was already active in a predecessor of Eclipse CommaSuite and we are confident that he can become a valuable committer later.

Moreover, a number of students contributed to the development of Eclipse CommaSuite:

The Eclipse CommaSuite approach is actively used in Philips for modeling and monitoring interfaces. Thales Netherlands is incorporating the approach into their workflow.

We are actively disseminating the Eclipse CommaSuite approach, see for instance the publications on https://eclipse.dev/comma/site/publications.html . This includes a recent academic journal and more popular articles, such as Bits & Chips articles about the industrial usage.

After the initial release we had quite a number of releases (see  https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse/comma/comma/-/releases ) and the tooling turned out to be very stable. The number of reported errors is low; most of the issues ask for additional features.

There is a lot of face-to-face contact between the commiters and with industrial users to hear about their experiences. Nevertheless, all errors and requests are reported as issues in the open source repository and all development happens in branches of this repository.

The 3rd party dependence are tracked in https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse/comma/comma/-/blob/main/NOTICE-THIRD-PARTY.md  and licenses are checked with Eclipse Dash (https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.dash).

After successful progress review end 2023, see https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/emo-team/emo/-/issues/615 , we added a few missing files.

Best regards,
   Jozef Hooman
   project lead Eclipse CommaSuite