Re: [technology-pmc] Committer Election for Matic Petric on Eclipse Qrisp has started

Greetings Eclipse Qrisp team.

I've noticed that there are only three subscribers to your mailing list. I don't actually have access to the subscriber list, so I can only assume that at least one of the project committers is not subscribed to the list and will not have received the notice that the election has started. Please connect with your team to ensure that everybody is subscribed to qrisp-dev.

As you know, our open source rules of engagement require that project teams operate in an open, transparent, and meritocratic manner.

For committer elections, the employer and what role the candidate plays within the team are not relevant criteria. Rather, committer status is granted based on the public contribution record of the individual. That is, committer elections (and project lead elections) must include a public demonstration of merit. Specifically, the nomination statement for an election should provide examples of how the candidate has demonstrated an understanding of the role they're being elected to. This demonstration is for both the project team and for the community.

AFAICT, the candidate has created two pull requests. You should cite them in the nomination statement. As people who are not directly involved in the project, it is difficult for the PMC to determine whether or not this constitutes enough merit, so the PMC defers to your judgement.

So... if somebody from the community were to show up to your project and make the same contributions as this candidate, would you nominate them to join the team as a committer? If your honest answer to his question is no, then we should terminate this election and the candidate should be encouraged to make further contributions before starting the election again in the future.

Wayne