Re: [technology-pmc] Project Lead election for Cyril Moineau on Eclipse Aidge

Greetings Technology PMC and Eclipse Aidge Project team.

As you know, our open source rules of engagement require that project teams operate in an open, transparent, and meritocratic manner.

As part of this, elections of both committers and project leads must include a demonstration of merit. Specifically, the nomination statement for an election should provide examples of how the candidate has demonstrated an understanding of the role they're being elected to. This demonstration is for both the project team and for the community.

Do not just say what the candidate does... please provide links that prove it. AFAICT, this is the second time that you've tried to run this election. In the first one, you describe the candidate as the "technical lead". If this is true, then it should be relatively easy to find examples of the candidate providing technical leadership. Note that technical lead is different from project lead. Please review the description of the role to ensure that it's the right fit.

The project lead role is described in the handbook, as is the process for engaging in a project lead election.

I  wrote a little bit about organising a project team in my blog that may be useful.

Unless any member of the PMC objects, I'm going to delete this election record and invite the project team to restart the election. I'll drag my feet a bit to give everybody an opportunity to review and respond.

Wayne