Re: [technology-pmc] Eclipse BaSyx - move to Digital Twin TLP

+1

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/

On Feb 17, 2022, at 19:58, EMO EMO <emo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear PMC,
the Eclipse BaSyx project has requested to move from the Technology TLP to Digital Twin TLP.
Here is some background:

The Eclipse BaSyx was started in 2016 to create an open-source Industry 4.0 middleware that provides a foundation for the development of both concrete I4.0 installations, but also (possibly commercial) software tools. The Asset Administration Shell is a core technology that we implement. Over the last few years, Eclipse BaSyx became popular as the reference implementation for Asset Administration Shells and I4.0 infrastructure components in general. In 2021, we began to consolidate the efforts in Germany regarding the implementation of industry strength Asset Administration Shells as the technical foundation for digital twins under the umbrella of the Industrial Digital Twin Association (IDTA). The IDTA did register an Eclipse top-level project for this. We therefore now would like to consolidate our efforts to implement open-source Industry 4.0 solutions, and collect the most relevant projects for this under the new top-level project "Digital Twin".

We've created the following GitLab issue to track the status of the restructuring review that will cover this move: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/emo-team/emo/-/issues/237
Your comments and feedback are welcome.
Maria Teresa Delgado

--
The Eclipse Management Organization | Eclipse Foundation