Re: [technology-pmc] Request assistance for Eclipse OpenJ9

+1

Thanks for making the change.

Wayne

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Peter Shipton <Peter_Shipton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Wayne. I've made some updates, please take another look.

Peter

----- Original message -----
From: Wayne Beaton <wayne.beaton@eclipse-foundation.org>
Sent by: technology-pmc-bounces@eclipse.org
To: Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel Heidinga <Daniel_Heidinga@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [technology-pmc] Request assistance for Eclipse OpenJ9
Date: Tue, May 1, 2018 11:49 AM

Hi Peter.

I generally look for an elevator pitch or executive summary in the description field. One or two sentences should suffice.

I believe that the bullets listed under "deliverables", but converted into proper sentences should fit the bill.

"This release provides a replacement for the OpenJDK version 8, 9, 10 Virtual Machine and partial replacement of the class library; it includes performance optimizations for memory footprint and startup time."

Does this make sense?

FWIW, please make a clear request with your emails to the PMC. e.g. "Please review and approve the 0.9 release and review materials."

Wayne