Re: [technology-pmc] Pending Microprofile Committer Elections

Just for clarity, I only vetoed the nomination for Tom Evans, because his existing contributions didn't seem worthy of full committer status. I intentionally did not veto the other 2 nominations (yet) because I wanted to hear the rest of the PMS members' thoughts.
I agree that Wayne's assessment that perhaps they want multiple projects with different contributors might be on point. However I'm not sure that represents a healthy project or that Microprofile *should* be split up just for political reasons. To me a healthy project would not even request it due to lack of trust.

Eric
November 3, 2017 at 10:17 AM
+1 to "it looks like the process is working. IMHO, the comments by the abstainers are sufficient to explain why the election was problematic, and I stand behind Eric's veto."

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org
+1 512 961 6719
November 3, 2017 at 10:16 AM
Comments like this bother me, as it suggests that the abstention is unrelated to the actual fitness of the individual and more as a political play. The context of the other comments, however, I'm going to assume that this isn't the case.

If I read between the lines, I believe that the actual problem is that at least some committers don't trust that new committers will restrict themselves to repositories in their area of expertise and they feel a need to have finer grained control over write access.

Other than that, it looks like the process is working. IMHO, the comments by the abstainers are sufficient to explain why the election was problematic, and I stand behind Eric's veto.

Wayne

--
Wayne Beaton
Director of Open Source Projects