Re: [technology-pmc] Pushing XWT past the finish line

On 13 Jun 2016, at 14:47, Eric Rizzo <eclipse-mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

t's still not clear to me, however, if other projects were explicitly dependent on the non-release-ready version of XWT. In other words, the question of whether a viable option was/is to include last years's release train version in this years' train. I realize in some cases that won't be viable (eg, a downstream project is dependent on features or fixes not in the previous release), but can it be kept as one option when this situation arises?

This is actually a weird one.

XWT can be removed from the release train without any harm. Any project participating in the release train can bring in XWT as a dependency. In such a case, no additional release train participation work has to be done by XWT. The only requirement is that the bits in the release train repo are *released* bits.

Now here is any interesting question ... out of the thousand bundles in the release train repo, can anyone identify non-released bits?

-Gunnar

Back to the top