Re: [technology-pmc] Pushing XWT past the finish line

A report could be send to cross-project regularly and be made visible on the website.

There also needs to be a lot more validation for those requirements of the common repo. For example, it should be possible to detect projects relying on bits that are "off track" and nag those projects as well.

I think these could be good prods, making more people aware of the potential problem usually helps trigger action.
It's still not clear to me, however, if other projects were explicitly dependent on the non-release-ready version of XWT. In other words, the question of whether a viable option was/is to include last years's release train version in this years' train. I realize in some cases that won't be viable (eg, a downstream project is dependent on features or fixes not in the previous release), but can it be kept as one option when this situation arises?

Eric
June 13, 2016 3:11 AM