[technology-pmc] Committer Nominations

Technology PMC Members,

Given the recent case - I'd like to have a discussion about the "meritocratic nature" of the nomination process.

I see the following possibilities for demonstrating merit:

(1) Contributions to an existing projects
-> proof is Gerrit, bugs with patches, pull requests and/or wiki edits

(2) Ownership of new component brought (migrated) into a project
-> proof is CQ with source and commit/author info (ideally log)

(3) Project reboot (existing committers are inactive and need to be replaced to keep project alive)
-> proof of inactivity

Thoughts?

Note:

> Even worse, there is a +1 vote from another committer with the comment "I don't know who this person is." (!).

That's a clear no-go. It's our responsibility as a PMC to catch this. For me this translates into a -1 (ignoring the actual vote). As such, I'd immediately veto the committer election.

-Gunnar

Back to the top