Re: [technology-pmc] PMC approval needed for committer vote for Zakir Meer

Harald,

Thanks for the feedback. As I see it, the committer should have been nominated on the initial creation.

PMC fellows, given the argument below I think we should +1 the contribution. Do you agree with this?

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/

> Am 18.02.2016 um 00:57 schrieb Mackamul Harald (CR/AEY1) <Harald.Mackamul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hello Gunnar,
>
> unfortunately we are still in the phase "awaiting initial contribution".
> The code Zakir wrote is still in our closed project repository at itemis.
>
> In general:
> Zakir has a 10 years experience in developing Bosch internal Eclipse-based tooling.
> In AMALTHEA4public he is currently responsible for the design and implementation
> of the model converters.
>
> How should we proceed ?
> We have to do the IP checks before we can officially move to the eclipse repos.
> On the other hand his committer rights are not required before this step.
>
> Best regards
> Harald

> Von: Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Betreff: Aw: [technology-pmc] PMC approval needed for committer vote for Zakir Meer
> Datum: 10. Februar 2016 um 10:52:19 MEZ
> An: Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Greetings,
>
> We need some kind of references to verify that the nomination is in accordance with the Eclipse Development Process. Unfortunately, the statement "Contributions to AMALTHEA4public" is not sufficient. Please provide pointers to specific contributions.
>
> I tried discovering the contributions myself. Looking at Gerrit, I only found one merged review from Mikael.
> https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/q/project:app4mc/org.eclipse.app4mc
>
> It would be great if you could fill out the developer information here:
> https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.app4mc/developer
>
> It's a good way of communicating to the community where your source code repository is and how to contribute to the project.
>
> Please reach out to Bernd and Cendric if you have any questions. They are your mentors at Eclipse and happy to assist you with any questions/issues you might have.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Gunnar Wagenknecht
> gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/