From: Gunnar Wagenknecht
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 11:24 PM
To: Konstantin Komissarchik
Cc: Matthias.Zimmermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;Technology PMC
Subject: Re: [technology-pmc] eclipse scout and jshint

Konstantin,

I understand the use case. But that is not a works-with in my definition. There is zero additional functionality provided by the code whether or not jshint is installed. It's really just configuration for tooling.

Now, the reason I'm giving you a hard time is the following. I'm concerned that this will set a precedence case. If we continue and go down that path, we also have to ask every project to file works-with CQs for vim/emacs/findbugs/sonar/whatever-tool instructions in source code.

-Gunnar

--

Gunnar Wagenknecht

gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://guw.io/

> Am 12.10.2015 um 21:05 schrieb Konstantin Komissarchik <konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> In this particular case, the comment was added for the express purpose of ensuring that end users do not see certain validation messages when jshint is installed. It’s a pretty clear-cut case of a works with dependency. The project is integrating with jshint, but jshint is not required for full functionality, so works with.

> - Konstantin

Back to the top