Re: [technology-pmc] CQ 9860

Based on your feedback in the IPzilla entry, my opinion is that this does not qualify as a works-with dependency (especially since it's being included in the Golo distributions from eclipse.org). Having said that, this isn't a "hard" -1 vote; I'm willing to be convinced by other PMC members who have more experience with assessing works-with vs. prerequisite.

Wayne, I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this grey-area case.
I'd also like to know the situation with regards to Sharon's assessment of the license change; perhaps you could just declare this as a pre-req if they (legal) consider the ASL status to be in good standing.

Eric
August 13, 2015 9:44 AM
Dear PMC,

CQ 9860 is waiting for your feedback :-)

The Golo project depends on the txtmarks library, which is ASL’d, but because it used to be LGPL’d a long time ago the IP team awaits your feedback.

Thanks!

- Julien