Re: [technology-pmc] Golo and Maven Artefacts

> 1. Shall we switch our artefacts groupId to `org.eclipse.golo`?

If you already have approval from EMO/Wayne to use org.eclipse.golo
namespace for package names, ets. you can use this namespace in the maven
repos.

> 2. Is our PMC ok if we publish the artefacts to Maven Central
> via Bintray? (we could also publish to repo.eclipse.org, but the
> lack of Maven Central sync means that we also need to find a way
> to push to it).

There is nothing stopping you or a third party from publishing source or
build artifacts to any desired location. That's an aspect of EPL. As long as
you are also distributing through eclipse.org channels so that people
looking for project artifacts there can find them (your point #3), you've
satisfied Eclipse Foundation's requirements. Whether or not you also publish
to repo.eclipse.org is between your team and your adopter community. Try to
make reasonable accommodations as time and resources allow.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

- Konstantin

PS: I haven't subscribed to the Golo's dev list yet, so please forward this
there for thread completeness.

Before joining Eclipse we used to publish our artefacts to Maven Central
through Sonatype OSS under the `org.golo-lang` organisation.

1. Shall we switch our artefacts groupId to `org.eclipse.golo`?

2. Is our PMC ok if we publish the artefacts to Maven Central via Bintray?
(we could also publish to repo.eclipse.org, but the lack of Maven Central
sync means that we also need to find a way to push to it).

3. We would take advantage of Hudson to publish distribution releases (zip,
tgz) to the regular Eclipse downloads infra.

Thanks for your help!

- Julien

Back to the top