Re: [technology-pmc] PMC approval for technology.efxclipse 1.0

+1 on the release docs. Looks great.
I would suggest updating the project home page (https://www.eclipse.org/efxclipse/index.html) to reflect the Java8 and Luna requirements.

As for a new top-level home, perhaps the Eclipse project itself. SWT lives under Platform there, so maybe e(fx)clipse belongs as a sibling...?

Eric

August 5, 2014 1:37 PM
Hi PMC,

I'd like to point you to our review documentation [1] for the 1.0
release of e(fx)clipse.

With 1.0 we'd also like to leave Incubation status and graduate to a
proper Eclipse project who follows API guidelines, ... .

Some highlights:
* We fully support Eclipse Luna and e4 Luna Platform
* We fixed a total number of 104 bugs/feature requests
* We managed to attract devlopers who provided code contributions
* We saw commercial adoption of our codebase

The IP-Log has been submitted to the IP-Team today.

Something I'm uncertain and you might be able to clarify is that I
somehow remember that Technology only has Incubation projects and I need
to find a new Top-Level home for e(fx)clipse. Is that still valid?

The problem I see in case I have to find another Top-Level project is
that we have a strong binding to Tooling AND Runtime so the Tools
Top-Level project does not feel like the right component, nor does the
RT-Project.

If you like to get more informations about the upcoming features I'd
like to point you to my blog [2] where I'll go through 1.0 feature one
by one including screenshots, ... .

Now that we shipped 1.0, we'll return to 6-8 week *release* cycles so
expect more reviews in the months to come and naturally we'll join the
Mars release train.

Tom

[1]https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/technology.efxclipse/releases/1.0.0/review
[2]http://tomsondev.bestsolution.at/tag/release-efxclipse-1-0/