Re: [technology-pmc] Aether graduation

Am 28.03.2014 um 21:18 schrieb Benjamin Bentmann <bentmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Criteria_for_Graduating_from_Incubation_Phase_to_Mature_Phase
>
> These are the requirements that I know about and the way I read those, they set a pretty high bar. For instance, I don't see Aether having "active communities“.

If it’s part of Maven, then you do have an active framework user community. Looks like a perfect fit for me.

> If the powers that be find Aether eligible for graduation and the corresponding paper work is similar to the 0.9.0 release review, I can try to get a 1.0 release out around May.

Yes, please do! Plus, there is at least on other project you would make really happy.

Also, please be aware that graduation has nothing todo with technical, stable APIs. We encourage projects to continue evolution of their APIs and use semantic versioning to express this evolution.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx