[technology-pmc] Release Reviews

Eclipse projects are required to engage in community reviews before making a release.

AFAICT, there are six releases of Tycho that should have been accompanied by release reviews. Any time the major or minor version numbers change, a review is required (changes in the service number, i.e. a service release) do not require a review.

I do recall prior conversation in which the nature of releasing in the context of Tycho was discussed. I understand that a new version number is required for each milestone due to the nature of dissemination through Maven. This isn't what I'm concerned about.

Tycho appears to be putting out a minor release about every four months. Each of these releases must be accompanied by a release review. There's nothing that we can do about the past. Moving forward, however, Tycho will have to engage in release reviews like everybody else.

If you need assistance with this, please with with the project mentors.

I would very much like to see Tycho graduate and join Kepler.

Wayne
--
Wayne Beaton
The Eclipse Foundation