Re: [technology-pmc] Graduation of ACTF Project with Juno Release

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Kentarou Fukuda <KENTAROU@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Technology PMC Members,

Excuse me for this short notice, but the Accessibility Tools Framework
Project (ACTF) [1] wants to do a 1.0 release with Juno.
Would you please check our status and give us your feedback?

Project Status:
- From project launch in 2007, ACTF team worked with communities and
completed 4 releases (including 3 simultaneous releases, Galileo, Helios
and Indigo).
- ACTF is mainly maintained by IBM team, but received multiple
contributions from other organizations.
- ACTF is now used for official products and services [2].
- ACTF is also used as a framework for several research activities in
academia.
- Tools on top of ACTF, such as aDesigner, miChecker, etc., are widely
used for Web accessibility evaluation tool.
- We continuously introduced ACTF and worked to enlarge our community in
conferences, webinars, etc.. (EclipseCon 2008, Eclipse Webinar (2009), ACM
ASSETS 2010, CSUN 2011, CEATEC JAPAN 2011 ...)

Further Plans:
- Enhancement of new accessibility guideline support (WCAG 2.0, JIS
X8341-3:2010, etc.)
- Enhancement of exemplary tools
- Support for research and development activities on top of ACTF

After Graduation:
- Since ACTF's project scope includes exploratory development and research
activities, we would like to continue to work under Technology project.

Draft of release documents:
- Full version:
http://www.eclipse.org/actf/release/ACTF_10ReleaseReview.pdf
- Mini deck:
http://www.eclipse.org/actf/release/ACTF_10ReleaseReview_minideck.pdf

Thank you in advance for your supports!

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project.php?id=technology.actf
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/actf/downloads/index.php#consumers

+1, looks good.

Remember when you graduate, remove the "egg" logo on the website. You may also want to take a look at upgrading your website when you're done with the graduation. I recommend looking at the http://eclipse.org/recommenders/ site or http://eclipse.org/jgit site for good examples of websites.

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org