[technology-pmc] Graduation of the RTP Project with the Juno Release

Dear PMC Members,
the Runtime Packaging Project [1] wants to do a 1.0 release with Juno. I allready talked to Wayne and Gunnar at last EclipseCon Europe about this topic. Wayne mentioned to me that such reviews are usually done together with the release review. So, here we are :)

I think to get your +1 votes you need some facts. So I will try to keep it short:

Project Facts:
- The Runtime Packaging Project was created back in December 2010
- We have a small but active committer base: One form SAP, one from TU Munich and myself from EclipseSource
- We do provide a small piece of API in the form of one OSGi service and a REST based API to manage a runtime, see [2]
- Our community is basically the EclipseRT community. Therefor our newsgroup is not so active because questions are asked directly in the project specific newsgroups like the with the EPP project. We simply provide a container.
- We presented RTP at EclipseCon 2011, EclipseCon Europe 2011 and EclipseCon 2012 and gained positive Feedback from individuals and companies like Ebay, SAP and Attensity Europe

Release related things:
- We have created a reliable Hudson Job which serves us well almost since the beginning, see [ 3] . Since Juno we also provide a p2 repository which is part of the sim rel repo.
-  The documentation lacks atm. Since M7 is over we are working on this topic.
- For the Juno release we will ship two packages. A headless version and an RAP-UI version. Both instances can be managed remotely with the UI or directly via HTTP.

Further Plans:
- We have already plans for the next release. Namely we want to hook the Eclipse Marketplace to the RT Package to be able to install RT components directly from the market place. The foundations were created within this release.
- We also plan to become a part of the official Eclipse Download page as the EclipseRT (EPP) Package. We already started the discussion with Markus Knauer.

Please let me know if anything is missing. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Holger Staudacher

Follow me: @hstaudacher

Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
Tel: +49 721 - 66 47 33 - 0
Fax: +49 721 - 66 47 33 29
According to Section 80 of the German Corporation Act Innoopract
Informationssysteme GmbH must indicate the following information:
Address: Lammstr. 21, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Mannheim HRB 107883