Re: [technology-pmc] PMC approval needed for committer vote for Lucas Panjer

You're absolutely right, Eric.

I've been taking steps to make understanding and following the requirements easier. Right now, it's basically impossible for project teams to know all the rules because everything is so spread out, and a lot of the "rules" are intrinsic in our principles and haven't been called out yet.

For example, I have a vendor neutrality issue that I need to sort out this morning: the projects involved aren't violating any specific rule, but they are providing downloads in a manner that seems to indicate a vendor-specific bias. FWIW, none of the projects that I've identified--so far--are Technology projects. My point is that there are lots of rules, but I don't capture them all very well.

I do hope to address this with portal replacement and in some new replacement wiki page that spell it all out better (rather than the twisted web of impossible-to-follow links we have today).

Wayne