Re: [technology-pmc] CodeMatch code snippet search engine considers moving to Eclipse Recommenders

Hi Gunnar. This mail continues the discussion about service hosting and community/crowd-sourcing for Code Recommenders.

I tried to summarize your email. If I read it correctly you describe two solutions:

1. Hosting all servers at Eclipse Foundation
2. Create a public sharing API, add support for multiple knowledge-bases/connectors (such as community, in-house etc.). Then, server doesn't have to be hosted at Eclipse.

Regarding data privacy/sharing, you say that it's a matter of trust and we (Code Recommenders) have to be very careful which data we use. But everyone can decide to contribute or not, and thus, there is no severe problem.

Is this (*very* condensed) summary correct?

I'm not sure I got your last point:

> Of course, you should not enable a public connector with a bunch of packages listed per
> default.

What do you mean with "with a bunch of packages listed per default". Will there be any (public-or-not) connector be enabled per default?

Thanks a lot!
Marcel

--
Eclipse Code Recommenders: