Re: [technology-pmc] request m2e 1.0 graduation and release review

2011/5/27 Igor Fedorenko <ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> m2e project would like to graduate incubation and release version 1.0 as
> part of Indigo simultaneous release.
>
> Although this is the first m2e release at Eclipse, m2e is certainly not
> a new project and it's "before-eclipse" releases are #2 top download on
> Eclipse marketplace since December last year.
>
> Mature status will allow m2e to become part of Indigo Java EPP package
> and we believe out-of-the-box Maven support in one of EPP packages will
> be beneficial not only for m2e users but wider Eclipse community as well.
>
> I am attaching m2e 1.0 Release/Graduation Review document PDF and we'll
> be happy answer any questions either here on m2e-dev mailing list.
>
> Note there was a hiccup with m2e IP Log submission. Sadly, we neglected
> to open CQs for four presumably benign dependencies and expect this to
> be resolved before actual release review date.

-1 until the website is fixed, then a +1 from me once the website is fixed :)

The website is currently pretty bare and not really informative, we
can't have projects keep shipping with crappy websites.
     http://eclipse.org/m2e/

For examples of good websites... look at XText... http://eclipse.org/Xtext/

The Jubula project is a pretty good example now since they fixed it...
http://eclipse.org/jubula/

Other than that, things look great.

--
Cheers,