Re: [technology-pmc] Technology Project Charter

Am 08.04.2011 20:17, schrieb Wayne Beaton:
> It's probably time to update the charter.

Got time, eh? It's pretty outdated. We should throw it into a wiki page
and work from there to update it.

IMHO it contains a lot of descriptive text that feels like boilerplate.
It makes the page rather large which might distract people from reading
it. I think it should be shorter.

For example, the section about PMC should be "common sense", i.e.
already written/described in a global place that we should just link to.
The only difference is that we act more like mentors than other PMCs.
For example, we don't lay out release plans or road maps or make feature
decisions. We help the projects do them.

Similar with the section "Infrastructure". That should be common to all
projects and something the AC is heavily involved in. Defining our own
seems wrong to me.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht