[technology-pmc] Namespace for Sapphire

Wayne,

I am not 100% clear on the process for approving project names and namespaces. Is there a legal process that we go through to make sure that a particular name is ok for project to use? Oracle holds no registered trademarks on Sapphire. We’d like to use terms like “Sapphire”, “Eclipse Sapphire” and “Eclipse Sapphire Project” in connection to this technology at Eclipse.

We’d also like to start working on getting the Sapphire code base in shape for contribution, including refactoring for the new namespace. We’d like to use org.eclipse.sapphire as the namespace. Is this something that must be formally approved first? Do you see any problems with this choice?

Thanks and my apologies if I missed the part of EDP where this is described.

- Konstantin

Back to the top