Re: [technology-pmc] Requesting "Discovery strategy" exception for Linux Tools

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Andrew Overholt <overholt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2010-05-27 09:57]:
>> Am 27.05.2010 15:31, schrieb Andrew Overholt:
>> > On behalf of the Linux Tools project I'd like to request an exception to
>> > the Helios requirement of having a "discovery strategy".
>>
>> By "exception" you mean that you don't want to provide a discovery
>> strategy but an "always on if installed" strategy?

+1 from the Technology PMC for the exception. By the way, it took me
awhile to forget out what this requirement actually meant.

--

"This means a URL to your description of what your project does for
"progressive discovery of capabilities".

This is where a capability can be turned "off" by default, but turned
"on" if, for example, a java file shows up, or  "new java project" is
selected.

It was something of an oversight to break this out as a separate URL
field as really could be part of the same document pointed to by URL
to Capabilities description.

Not to mention, I think the Eclipse Project is the only one that
implements this progressive discovery.

So, just use the same URL, or put "no progressive discovery".

--
Cheers,

Chris Aniszczyk
http://aniszczyk.org