Re: [technology-pmc] ORMF Project plan update

Thanks for the update.

Wayne

Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
Hi.

We have updated the ORMF project plan with new dates: I1 is now longer by 6 weeks and I2 is longer by 2 weeks.

There a couple of reasons why we have slipped so miserably:

        * We are finding it very difficult reaching a point of stability that
          enables the ORMF team to contribute meaningfully.
        * Our biggest challenge to date is the effort it takes to manage the
          team. It is still taking more time and efforts input than benefits gained.
        * The learning curve on the technologies we are adopting, notably EMF
          and OSGi, are substantial. It is taking longer than anticipated.
        * We believe that is very important that the ORMF model should be
          sufficiently flexible to support existing requirements standards.
          Towards this end enrolled domain experts in the field to assist
          in cataloguing the essentials with which we can validate the model.
          This effort started well, but has stalled. Given the holidays, it will
          be impractical to gather the required information until the new year.

Thanks,
Joel

P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.

http://www.etish.org http://www.eclipse.org/ormf