From: technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wayne Beaton
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:58 AM
To: Technology PMC
Subject: [technology-pmc] Nomination of Eric Rizzo to the Technology PMC

Greetings esteemed colleagues of the Technology PMC.

I would like to nominate Eric Rizzo to join the ranks of the PMC. You
will no-doubt recogise Eric's name. He was the winner of the "Top
Newcomer Evangelist" award at last year's EclipseCon. If you spend any
time in the newsgroups, you've likely come across his name. He is very
active in the newcomer, and platform groups. And in many others. He's
pushed a lot of useful changes into our infrastructure to make things
easier for users (he successfully lobbied, for example, to have noticed
added to the downloads page to make the Windows decompression issue known).

Eric is not a committer on an Eclipse project, but he is very
knowledgeable about Eclipse technology. He leads a team that builds
Eclipse-based products for Skyway Software. He's well-versed in RCP and
numerous other Eclipse projects. He has contributed to numerous bugs.
He's wrestled with PDE Build.

I see Eric as a bit of a yin to our yang. He approaches Eclipse from the
consumer side. We approach it from the producer side. He can help with
community development. He's an energetic, smart, commonsense sort of guy
who I think will add a lot of value.

Please acknowledge your approval of Eric by responding to this message
with a +1.

Thanks,

Wayne