Re: [technology-pmc] Expected Dependencies

Wayne's suggestion was actually more of a question. You should still file the CQ. I apologise for not being more explicit.

Wayne

Jeff Johnston wrote:
Hi Bjorn,

I already have a CQ (2669). Wayne Beaton noticed the documentation stuff in September and asked if I could remove the GPL documentation from the check-in and instead link to web pages. This is exactly what I have done, but I guess I didn't explicitly state that I linked to external web-pages as suggested.

Do I need to append to the CQ to make it clear I took Wayne's suggestion or is this issue already covered?

-- Jeff Johnston

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
Jeff,
The first thing you need to do is to file a IPzilla CQ (Contribution Questionnaire) explaining the situation. That will trigger the PMC and the Foundation Legal staff to review the situation. Due to the Eclipse Foundation's Board-defined IP Policy, this situation (external GFDL licensed helpd files) may or may not be allowed - I don't know. But I do know you need to start with a CQ.

Thanks,
Bjorn

Jeff Johnston wrote:
Hello,

My name is Jeff Johnston and I work on the Linux Distributions project at eclipse.org. I wanted to make it known to the Technology PMC that the following linux-tools plugins make use of help documentation not hosted on eclipse.org:

org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools
org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools-docs
org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.libhover.library-docs
org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.libhover.glibc
org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.libhover.newlib

The documentation files are accessed via http similar to how Java API documentation may come from sun.com, for example. The files accessed are public help documentation and hover help documentation. The hover help documentation files are simply transformed help documentation files. The files cannot be hosted on eclipse.org due to the fact that they are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. If the files are inaccessible, the plugins carry on without warnings or errors.

Let me know if any further information is required.

-- Jeff Johnston

[end of message]