Re: [technology-pmc] Nebula Project Review

Nice work Chris.

I assume that, since they haven't responded in this newsgroup, that none of the Nebula committers have subscribed. We need to involve them in this discussion; can you craft this into a note targeting them directly and post it to the nebula-dev list?

I'd like to see an explicit request that they get themselves into a conforming state and develop a plan. A strong recommendation to have a build infrastructure would also be good.

Did you get a chance to look at their download numbers?

Thanks,

Wayne

Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
Howdy Technology PMC,

It's time for a Nebula project review :)

Here's what I've found so far:

- project site (
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.nebula
)
     - nebula is non-conforming (incubation)
     - there's no plan

- great website with snippets and widget screenshots
     - one problem is that the downloads on the website are old and don't
reflect what's available in CVS
- active newsgroups with responses from committers
- committers still committing (
http://dash.eclipse.org/dash/commits/web-app/summary.cgi?company=y&month=x&project=technology.nebula
)

- no build infrastructure... maybe Nick Boldt can help?

- currently only one project lead, I'd consider nominating Tom Schindl as a
co-lead as he's very active in the project

- how do we attract people to bring more widgets?

Overall, I think the project is doing well, just needs a bit of help with
organization and build infrastructure to get things moving.

I believe there's a build workshop coming up... could we use Nebula as a
test case to help them going with their build?