[technology-pmc] COSMOS project dependency question

Hello PMC,

We have a question about a dependency our project (COSMOS) has on a "web server that supports JSP 2.0".  In essence, our frameworks require servlet and JSP support, and don't really care which web server technology you leverage, provided it complies with JSP 2.0.  We have tested with JBOSS and Tomcat successfully.  Given this, we would like to get your interpretation of the type of dependency that we have.  We believe this would constitute a "workswith" dependency, since no one specific JSP 2.0 is required, as opposed to a "prereq" dependency (which seems to mandate a particular version of a particular product).  Would you agree this is a "workswith" dependency?

If you need more information, please ask.

Thanks in advance,
David
---
David Whiteman | IBM Tivoli Autonomic Computing
Eclipse COSMOS project committer |
http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/
dlwhiteman@xxxxxxxxxx | 919-254-8224 | T/L 444-8224

Back to the top