Re: [technology-pmc] COSMOS requests permission to proceed with its release review

Thanks Ruth. Please take another quick look at the page; the right nav still doesn't seem quite right to me.

+1 to proceed with the release review.

Wayne

Ruth Lee wrote:
Hi Wayne,

Yes, we haven't been updating the landing page recently. I've removed the reference to EclipseCon and moved the older News to the Archived section. We communicate primarily through our Wiki pages, which are linked to from that main landing page. The team will take a look at the web site and give it some polish. The team wants more community development and is working hard to spread the word and increase interest in the project. For example, we've worked with Qualcomm to get their MDR up and running. A non-committer, Ray Ellis, participated in some architecture discussions about potential performance improvements to the COSMOS code. We've had discussions with SAP and HP and are hopeful that they will be interested in joining COSMOS. And two member companies of COSMOS have drawn attention to COSMOS recently via an interop that was based on COSMOS code. This link shows some examples in the media: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cosmos-dev/msg03111.html We have internal adoption by member companies and external customer engagements by member companies.

One of the challenges that we face is that the standards that COSMOS implements (DMTF, W3C, OASIS) are themselves new. We think that as the standards themselves solidify and become more popular, interest in COSMOS will increase. Today we are working hard to build our community and we will continue to work on this.
Thanks,
Ruth.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab
ruthdaly@xxxxxxxxxx
T/L 313-4453

Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sent by: technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/14/2008 10:43 AM
Please respond to
Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Technology PMC <technology-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [technology-pmc] COSMOS requests permission to proceed with its release review

Your landing page [1] needs a little TLC. Specifically, the right side has some kind of DIV tag weirdness going on and--while we do appreciate the plug--the EclipseCon advert is a little out of date :-).

There seems to be relatively little community development (relatively little activity in the newsgroups and few bug reports created by non-committers). Can you comment on the kinds of things that COSMOS is doing to develop a community around the project? Can you perhaps highlight some community-development successes?

Thanks,

Wayne

[1]http://www.eclipse.org/cosmos/

Ruth Lee wrote:
Hi Technology PMC,

The COSMOS subproject would like to request permission to proceed with a

release review for its upcoming v1.0, which is planned to GA on Nov 14, 2008. Because this is a v1.0 release I understand that this is also considered a graduation review. May we proceed?

Thank you,
Ruth.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab