RE: [technology-pmc] Nebula Project Review

Dear Technology PMC,

I just wanted to provide you with a little positive feedback. I love these project reviews and the work that goes into them. It is much appreciated!

From: Content-filter at foundation.eclipse.org [mailto:virusalert@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Aniszczyk
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 11:05 AM
To: Technology PMC
Subject: [technology-pmc] Nebula Project Review

Howdy Technology PMC,

It's time for a Nebula project review :)

Here's what I've found so far:

- project site (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=technology.nebula)
     - nebula is non-conforming (incubation)
     - there's no plan

- great website with snippets and widget screenshots
     - one problem is that the downloads on the website are old and don't reflect what's available in CVS
- active newsgroups with responses from committers
- committers still committing (http://dash.eclipse.org/dash/commits/web-app/summary.cgi?company=y&month=x&project=technology.nebula)

- no build infrastructure... maybe Nick Boldt can help?

- currently only one project lead, I'd consider nominating Tom Schindl as a co-lead as he's very active in the project

- how do we attract people to bring more widgets?

Overall, I think the project is doing well, just needs a bit of help with organization and build infrastructure to get things moving.

I believe there's a build workshop coming up... could we use Nebula as a test case to help them going with their build?

--
Cheers,

~ Chris Aniszczyk

Back to the top