[technology-pmc] Review of Project Babel

Greetings esteemed members of the Technology PMC,

I have started reviewing project Babel. My first impressions in that they are very actively developing this project and are successfully engaging with the community. They seem to be in pretty good shape.

I have noticed, however, that they haven't provided a description, specified their project plan in the standard form, do not list any upcoming releases, and have not provided a refined bugzilla link for the project summary page. In short, they don't seem to have specified very much of the project metadata in the portal. We'll have to encourage them to do that.

The project commits graph seems to indicate that development is winding down; however, a quick scan of bugzilla shows 95 open bugs so there clearly much more work to be done.

All-in-all, at this point I'm pretty happy with how the project is progressing.

Any thoughts before we approach the project directly?

Thanks,

Wayne

Back to the top