[technology-pmc] Re: [actf-dev] ACTF community development

Hi Wayne,

Thank you very much for your suggestions and comments.

About the community development, the ACTF co-leads are working to get more
members from academic and industrial area . For example, with community
member's support, they plan to hold a workshop for the ACTF at an academic
conference. Unfortunately, Chieko, ACTF co-lead, is on a business trip
now.  However, they will respond to you with more details soon.

>From the viewpoint of the development work, we are moving forward step by
step.

First, to make the discussions of the ACTF plans and architecture more
active, we started a monthly teleconference call from June. We'll try to
link actf-dev ML and bugzilla more closely, and will make the project
enhancement process more transparent.

Currently, the IBM team is reporting many bugs to refine the IBM-developed
code to meet the Eclipse quality standards. At the same time, however, we
added several enhancements based on community requirements (bugs [226428,
233615, 236969, 237061], etc.). These were small steps, but we'll work to
make more enhancements based on community needs. Through the incubation
phase, we would also like to improve the ACTF APIs based on feedback  from
the community.

To achieve this, we are now preparing more documentation and examples.
These efforts may help developers and adopters to understand and use the
ACTF components. We also plan to make our first interim release (0.1) this
September. We hope the first beta SDK and documentation will help us to
involve more developers/adopters.

If you have any comments on our current steps or suggestions on what we
can do, please let us know.

>* You have future releases indicated, but the project plan is quite out
of date (it ends at 1Q2008).

Thank you for your notification! I had updated the project metadata, but
forgot to synchronize the plan page. We'll keep updating our plan page.

Best regards,
Kentarou
---
Kentarou Fukuda, Ph.D.