From: technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:technology-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wayne Beaton
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 5:16 PM
To: Technology PMC
Cc: 'Janet Campbell'; 'Sharon Corbett'; antonin.pokorny@xxxxxxxxxxxx; frank.schroeder@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [technology-pmc] RE: Further Questions Re: Subversion

The answer depends on what you mean by "standard distribution". It is very doubtful that you'll be able to add the subversion support into the code distributed by the Eclipse top-level project.  That distribution (traditionally known as the "Eclipse SDK") is controlled by the Eclipse project and they only include what they build (much like the EMF project only includes what they build in their distributions).

If you mean the new Eclipse packages that are featured on the downloads page (Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, etc.), then probability is very high that Subversive can be included in future releases (assuming that *all* the code can  be released under EPL). Unfortunately, it's not (strictly speaking) up to us. The packaging project (EPP) ultimately decides what goes into those packages (with input from the community).  Your best bet is to make your desire for inclusion of Subversive in these packages on the packaging newsgroup.

HTH,

Wayne

Igor Vinnykov wrote:

There is another question, which I want to clarify. For the Subversive project we defined future inclusion into Eclipse distribution as the main goal. Sure that at the current moment we can’t raise this topic simple because project even didn’t start incubation and there are problems with client library licenses. Anyway we want to know PMC position regarding this topic – if the Subversive project will graduate from incubation and have client library with EPL license then will it be included into standard distribution? What is your vision regarding the future of the Subversive project?

Back to the top