[technology-pmc] Aperi new committer election

Hello,

We have two folks within our IBM team who are working on Aperi. They have a long history of involvement with the commercial product that Aperi's initial contribution is based on, and they have been contributing to Aperi over the last month or so that they've been available to us. As you may know we've been in a somewhat funny state because the Aperi source has only just been made available on eclipse.org, so when I say 'contributing' I mean contributing to the copy of the code that we have been maintaining internally (up until recently; now we're using eclipse.org). I believe these two folks should be eligible as committers given their history with our commercial ancestor, their overall familiarity with and contributions to the code then, and their recent involvement with Aperi, and we did have a vote for this on aperi-dev (which passed). I see the next step in the process is approval by the PMC, which is why I'm writing you... what is the right way to begin pursuing that? (And does it sound like I'm following an appropriate process here ).

Ted Slupesky | Eclipse Aperi Project Lead | IBM: 349-5413 | External: (503) 820-3853

Back to the top