[technology-pmc] EPF: Seeking approval for 2 contributions

Hi,

we are seeking PMC approval for 2 additional contributions so we can fill in Contribution Questionnaire:

1) LogicaCMG would like approval to contribute Wiki technology. This technology will allow EPF Composer to publish a process that can then be edited through a Wiki. Below you find a list of components used. No commercial components will be donated, and we will resolve dependencies on commercial or other components as appropriate once the core code is open sourced.
Charlie Yan will be the committer responsible for the contribution, working with Onno van der Straaten, who is the lead developer for the code.

2) Object Mentor and IBM would like to donate an EPF content plug-in for XP. Object Mentor, under the supervision of Robert (UncleBob) Martin wrote the content, with technical assistance from IBM.
Ricardo Balduino is the committer responsible for the contribution.

We are expecting additional contributions around DSDM, Scrum and Agile Database Refactoring in the near future. We are now working hard on broadening the content from OpenUP to a more diverse set of methods.

Thanks

Per Kroll
Project Lead: Eclipse Process Framework
Rational Software, IBM Corp
(M) 408-219-2963

----- Forwarded by Per Kroll/Cupertino/IBM on 10/13/2006 07:51 AM -----
Charles Yan/Cupertino/IBM

10/10/2006 08:02 PM

"Straaten, Onno van der" <onno.van.der.straaten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Kelvin Low/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS, Peter Haumer/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS, Peter Haumer/Cupertino/IBM, "Per Kroll" <pkroll@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: OpenUP, EPF WikiLink

Onno,

Thanks for the info.

Per, is this enoug info for you to contact PMC to start the contribution process?

Charlie Yan
IBM Process Tools Manager
EPF Tooling Dev Lead
Phone: 408-342-4681

"Straaten, Onno van der" <onno.van.der.straaten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/09/2006 06:56 AM

Charles Yan/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS, Peter Haumer/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS, Kelvin Low/Cupertino/IBM@IBMUS
cc
Subject
RE: OpenUP, EPF Wiki

Hi Charlie,

I promised the list of libraries, components that we use:
  • CSDiff version 5.0
  • Tidy (available as a Ruby Gem)
  • PinEdit
  • TinyMCE (available as a Ruby Gem)
  • Apache Ant
  • Html2text Python script

CSDiff

Used for creating diffs between versions. I included the copyright statement below.

Tidy

The license that applies is
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231. There is a Ruby Gem to install this easily, we don’t have to ship this.

PinEdit

Commercial software. I think it is possible to get permission to ship an evaluation version with our software, but Peter and I decided in a previous meeting that we wouldn’t use this approach.  What we will do is add instructions to the software on how to obtain and integrate other HTML editors such as this one.

TinyMCE

We already determined that we cannot ship this with our software because this is GNU? As with PinEdit we will provide instructions on how to obtain and integrate this. There is a Ruby Gem so this can be installed easily.

Apache Ant

There is no need to ship this with our software. Apache Ant is used only for unzipping uploaded files.

html2text

Turn HTML into equivalent Markdown-structured text. Released under GNU GPL 2, so I expect we cannot ship this. An option is to build this functionality ourselves, it is not too difficult to build this ourselves. This probably a better approach anyway because then we don’t need Python.

Best Regards,

Onno

CSDiff Version 5.0

Copyright (C) 2000-2005 ComponentSoftware, Inc.

All Rights Reserved

License Agreement

The following terms and conditions should be read carefully before using this software. Your use of this software indicates your acceptance of this license agreement and warranty.

Freeware

You may use this product free of charge.

Disclaimer of Warranty

     THIS SOFTWARE IS DISTRIBUTED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT

WARRANTIES AS TO PERFORMANCE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY

OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.  BECAUSE

OF THE VARIOUS HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE ENVIRONMENTS INTO

WHICH THIS PROGRAM MAY BE PUT, NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR

A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS OFFERED.  GOOD DATA PROCESSING

PROCEDURE DICTATES THAT ANY PROGRAM BE THOROUGHLY

TESTED WITH NON-CRITICAL DATA BEFORE RELYING ON IT.  THE

USER MUST ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF USING THE PROGRAM.

ANY LIABILITY OF THE SELLER WILL BE LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO

PRODUCT REPLACEMENT OR REFUND OF PURCHASE PRICE.

Further Distribution

You are hereby licensed to make as many copies of the complete and unmodified package of this product and distribute it by any means. There is no charge for this right.

Reverse-Engineering

You may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or alter this software product in any way.

Separation of Components

This software product is licensed as a single product. Its component parts may not be separated for any use or distribution.