Re: [tcf-dev] Call stack issues when porting to another CPU architecture
  • From: Evgueni Tarassov <eugene@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 10:19:48 -0700
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=largest.net; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=largest.net; dkim=pass header.d=largest.net; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=7pL+eeLI1wAsvGYD9P+cxpx8RI2txYtPYoAhr5Gps1U=; b=e2tKPUt7BDGVmM6VfM00x7/Kgd+tW9a1zCovtVmRIsF501HntGu3smO2cLmCjDfwOJUVwlh5as5lY6VsYA6xao546+eaW8NlVxu4y0wtKh9PddtqKHa0o0CDuYS/rS88V1pjQlb7rSK7dEts0NCBsOvfajGRSDg3T6gibxpCJH++oXTmD+nI8HT101P89vyr9sjo7XvWHtCavBsxYoLKCNPqW+dHSOAlwBSPNeY7tIhQjAb9ERQji/UxJ9Jk+XA9QI9Z9FJF0VmCxADsX2D+oQvkXlBmsoNxi1+mAl4RiiWwhY2qceij0NaFgwNfbNjNguPhZovS/NQBFZbMjkHIZw==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=YjAmzOcL+zm/epeBs3JuAO4XsQzlZlGU6Jd3CCLvTnS97+b11T9wdtTCXSRkMGIWMWEvpK+sue+NsqarPDvuBx6kE9Zus+eEVOgziyNe8L/Jgd+E/T3uoTJ6fm3Ha+6fYUtNo/7pEBm2MqJxxg36onJ/45c84StGNVS+151E2zaM1kR7MaJIY/CT/IFwevKM7iLJtzqH0v7OREMXdmsMqT1DaGNqb8Dpgc+vwRLXOKpZTcmwkQWrOayX/sIDbSV4Z+adq3nR/tXpMaeED8mQwJ7EL54sZaYWcc9iAU9Av3CiamOZu41Z5BaXU7C7fa8J9izSA16ogn7SJwKzmLeRWw==

Hi Tobias,

> Is my understanding correct that even without crawl_stack_frame() the call stack should be complete based on the debug information?

Yes - if all your code is compiled with debug info. Usually libraries, like libc, don't have debug info.

Without crawl_stack_frame(), the stack trace will stop on first frame that does not have debug info.

> Is there something I missed to trigger to cause the call stack to be updated during single stepping?

The agent erases stack trace data when target is resumed for any reason, included single stepping.

I don't know anything that would prevent re-tracing stack after single stepping.

Regards,

Eugene