[tcf-dev] API for Changing breakpoints
  • From: "Wilson, David" <david.wilson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 16:36:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=intel.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=intel.com; dkim=pass header.d=intel.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=xxzIsorlEm6BMOpdSiHht1YNfQdp2WuhjUd/xJv6cg8=; b=fW1zotVlwrVcwguEDZLPiE5av1HuspvYSuz52pWNJCjOtMSemdUycI2Mr5kyE07VeM8y1s+KZlvhKPmYczdWrbh7eeBr2BFu6bZuDjH7niZ/f/r73uSbe/FP6Wdmh9ySlzoWPCH9CBy6SsKrxY/qE96WABBtQ3zFnWPaSOqwMl8E9lnBEDrJBjDHSTh+M09uBn1PThctiemcwuZby4yBNEIBzXLT++8DnaS/f/2CfffRI9bquxyBuWajFMmMUuI64mLJbm9XuRO/VmNNp1a7et0x2m/MRFoXPnsLFz2ObmLJKNJA0cb9KkH2EFdqwdGDSmoMo9StZ/kSL7jiKPbaVQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=HwxHr2kLTFnXGSlW9qlMtYFnWSWdkBI2DmYkN1YCf3yzgtHrspRN17b0k2TxywyKHDNk+hyxDKkSi/LajKNKhCqwhxTqYN8qmLFokHoNEXY5ig6mr7TWasWQR1KBgMgmHcovYGewEqWcDut4iMb4c9/IaLQRKGqg6hcYViB7w9/yyabAlkDVQcmnCujpZjLpa4a9jCLT263DVDDOW7QdiOvlGcntkJFGy+TppkpqGj5tELR6g12eHvvkdW2tjJjTeUm5q+cPNMONdC4WHuD+2nlFzoY84pPg5zCuugN+N1Tx8YCUry/YbGXMqNPAv4+qWX9cdiIgT1SxgXvH4Osn3A==

Hi All,

I would like to discuss an API change for the breakpoints service.

First, let me describe the problem – on intel x86 platforms – when the target is reset, certain types of breakpoints will become unplanted.  I need to reflect this, both in the clients.

I would like to use the exposed iterate_breakpoints and change_breakpoint_attributes functions.

For this to work, The BreakpointInfo struct will likely also need to be defined in this header (to implement the custom callback).

The problem is, I am finding the change_breakpoint_attributes function to not function as (I) expected. In the set_breakpoint_attributes that is called from change_breakpoint_attributes, If I just give the new attribute (i.e. no list), it seems to only store that attribute, and remove all others.

Otherwise if I give the complete list, with one attribute changed, let's say BREAKPOINT_ENABLED to False, it seems to unset all parameters (such as ID) that have not changed. Am I using this function incorrectly?  Even then, it still does not seem to unplant the breakpoint in the GUI (i.e. the client).

I get the functionality I want by doing the following - looping through all breakpoints: on each breakpoint:
set_breakpoint_attribute -> replant_breakpoint -> send_event_context_changed on the breakpoint.

This is the behavior is what I would expect the changed_breakpoint_attributes function to do, but does not seem to be the case.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards

David Wilson
Intel Deutschland GmbH
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Gary Kershaw
Registered Office: Munich