Re: [tcf-dev] Using symbols and line numbers proxy with and without a cache channel
  • From: Eugene Tarassov <eugenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 18:27:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=xilinx.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=xilinx.com; dkim=pass header.d=xilinx.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=8gjfKB8lftaC9tf79aAO8AfSxp6mSVrxCYIs3VbTrpI=; b=VieALY4gWNIOJfVBXLENDOtjVgoO28JfqqRQbyJyOWypmZ9X9++N7gRWLwzYE1bYvYNaBZjvfr8sEbuGz3Wt2HnAHxGL2pSSTi/BhFvYLUOPDAKgcr0tAZ05WOeDO8UFeTeerQGnKh63gr8tujSsbpkEiD5PgMbgpxNe+vXKaz5WkyBXEEGsYPJwW0sJE3KmIuJqS0BPa22XVdzXingPNYC4RoeZkmJmjHCtkNCmmLIClEl1Z1qbgVZJWQ/wM0qOoxIWpqJTKi5RCfm2YoH7Ps03pRquOW0w+mrbOeu38g3UPxFq9AAnvp7iLKf0f78jwGSv43YLPPCQtm/IqO8MFQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=AH5SoKqVNMC7up+pGcedNqz0oqMG91RQjQwJdMsEXW1r/KuJK9D0nc7eB0T11CyO697NNshEzqwKxqwc6ZmE3npb/MWJqzhHQw+7RP+I+KGAu17Yurvz5JLAtSo9TQs04LKfsLxfjdpQzTC9FSIc8oSnxh0iH8EmdYDirrWTLWRMM6qEpmzHI3fdLtcx73rcKG29Qre5M2rTYbUpqV+6ZR4hZnzFeZjEeqcNmjYzZo9jSgsG5DCSDU8UwtQRqn+a38cCOjDF/V2haQwdrNMFwsq2RbEdqqJBJGHikY1h4IlmfdsM9Ut3YtgWO8pnG8lRD5BRBXvwyei26FkZM3roAw==

Hi Claes,

In general, symbols lookup without a channel is not supported.

The channel represents a client, it is used to control life cycle of transient data: channel closed – cleanup time.

I guess, you have some kind of in-process client, which uses symbols API directly, without a channel.

This was not meant to work, even without proxies. Such clients are supposed to create and register a dummy channel object.

Actually, there is ClientConnection, a better, more abstract representation of a client, but it is still incomplete – hard to do without breaking backward compatibility.

Regards,

Eugene