Re: [tcf-dev] Trace all messages on a channel

Hi Claes,

> I could not connect Eclipse to the tcflog port (-s TCP::1234),

To connect, you need both tcflog and target agent running.
You start tcflog with two arguments - listening port and target port.
Tcflog forwards all connections from listening port to target port.
For instance:
    tcflog -s TCP::1437 TCP:128.224.218.33:4576
This starts the TCF logger on port 1437 on the local machine and connects to target IP 128.224.218.33 on port 4576.

Run tcflog -h to see more options.

> it was not discovered by our Eclipse.

Works fine for me.

> intercepting calls to trace(),

No.

> listening on a TCF Channel and logs the traffic there (depending on filter)?

Yes.

> I am looking for way to trace/log in our TCF agent all incoming and outgoing TCF-protocol messages.

This is exactly what tcflog does.

Regards,
Eugene