[tcf-dev] Class name expression evaluation from MyClass::uFoo member in the Expressions view

Greetings,

I have a custom TCF agent which maps dwarf data from a proprietary file into something usable to the TCF agent.

I have an issue regarding static member variables of the form MyClass::uFoo. When a variable is entered into the Expressions view my _expression_ evaluation is not getting the MyClass class from the dwarf data in the appropriate context.

I am not certain at what point during the _expression_ evaluation is expecting to handle the ‘class MyClass’ type.

In my analysis:

·         The first lookup of MyClass is called by find_symbol_by_name() in symbols_mux.c.

·         My custom find_symbol_by_name() is called via the SymbolReader from symbols_mux.c

·         The current implementation of the custom find_symbol_by_name() contains switch(pObj->mTag) statement ignores the TAG_class_type and TAG_structure_type.

·         The logic in the custom find_symbol_by_name() only returns these tags:

TAG_variable

TAG_global_variable

TAG_formal_parameter

TAG_unspecified_parameters

TAG_local_variable

I hired someone else to write this custom agent and I’m trying to correct it. Budget and other circumstances won’t let me go back to the original programmer at this time. I have little experience with the agent code. Perhaps referencing the code which handles casting or scoping based when an identifier is a class?

One approach would be to reverse engineer the intended behavior by tracing the execution of the standard TCF agent.

I presume I would need to building a standard ELF file for Linux. I’m more of a Windows programmer so that would take some time.

Any other suggestions how to approach this?

Regards,

J.R. Heisey

Staff Software Engineer

Synaptics Inc